Testing is easy and it’s a short wait to get your results. A rapid HIV Screening Test is done by a slight prick on your finger, and the results are ready in 15 minutes.
At AIDS Outreach, you are not required to give your name when you get tested. Protecting your confidentiality is enforced at all testing sites. The test is low cost or even free in many places in Montana.
If your test is reactive, we will work with you to get confirmatory testing (a blood draw.) This test is confidential, but not anonymous. There are chances of a false positive. If your test is not reactive and it has been longer than three months since your possible exposure to HIV, generally you can feel confident that you have not contracted the virus.
Below are standard questions you will be asked during your first testing appointment. You do not need to provide your name, address or phone number, simply your year of birth and zip code.
- Have you had vaginal or anal sex with a male, female or transgender person with out w condom?
- Have you had vaginal or anal sex with a male, female or transgender person who is an intravenous drug user?
- Have you had vaginal or anal sex with a male, female or transgender person who is HIV positive?
- Do you use intravenous drugs?
- Have you shared drug injection equipment?
- Have you had sex with MSM (females only.)
- Have you had vaginal or anal sex for drugs, money or other things you need?
- Have you had vaginal or anal sex while intoxicated and/or high on drugs?
- Have you had vaginal or anal sex with person of unknown HIV status.
- Have you had vaginal or anal sex with a person who exchanges sex for drugs or money.
- Have you had vaginal or anal sex with an anonymous partner.
- Have you had sex with multiple partners?
- Have you been diagnosed with a sexually transmitted disease (STD)?
- Have you had oral sex?
- Have you had unprotected vaginal/anal sex with a person who is an intravenous drug user?
Free and anonymous 15 minute HIV testing. Our walk-in testing hours are listed below, or call us to schedule an appointment. If it is past business hours, leave a message and someone will return your call as quickly as possible.
601 Nikles Drive, Suite 2C
Bozeman, MT 59715
We are always happy to accommodate an appointment.
Anonymous rapid HIV testing with fees based on income.
1288 N 14th Ave Suite 201
Bozeman, MT 59715
Monday 9am-3pm 3-6pm TEEN CLINIC
Wednesday -Friday 9am-5:30pm
Saturday varies- call or schedule online for availability